Post: Kheti Doots (215 Nos)
Organization: Reviving the Green Revolution Cell
Location: Amritsar, Gurdaspur, Tarn Taran, Ferozepur, Fazilka, Faridkot, Muktsar, Bathinda, Mansa, Barnala, Sangrur and Kapurthala districts
Last Date: April 25, 2023
Background: The Tata Trusts conceptualized the Reviving Green Revolution Initiative in 2002, to support diversification in agriculture in Punjab and Tamil Nadu with an aim to attain sustainability of agricultural production and to enhance income of rural communities. A centralized body in the form of Reviving Green Revolution (RGR) Cell was established in Ludhiana, Punjab. The RGR initiative heavily depends upon public and private agricultural institutions for development, validation and popularization of area specific technologies, which have an apparent potential for impact on the livelihoods of rural populations. Further, it works in close coordination with the Punjab Agricultural University (PAU), Ludhiana, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore, Department of Agriculture (DoA) and the state Governments of Punjab (GoP) and Tamil Nadu (TN), which have been instrumental in up scaling the dissemination of technologies and package of practices developed by PAU, Chandigarh and TNAU, Coimbatore.
RGR Cell is looking for Agriculture Graduates to work as a Field Assistants in the Promoting Regenerative and No-Burn Agriculture (PRANA) project.
- Act as village level contact for conducting farmers meetings, field days, demonstration etc.
- Dissemination of information of new varieties / hybrids, improved agriculture inputs and technologies suitable for the local area
- Establish and maintain Straw Management Sewa Kendras (SMSKs)
- Assist Field Assistant (FA) and the team members for preparing physical work plan.
- Identify training needs of the farmers and farmer groups
- Data collection under guidance of RGR staff and maintain various registers or documents
- Report farmers problems and address through appropriate solution advisory in association with RGR staff
- Soil sample collection
- Personalized farmer support (field visits, etc.)
- Facilitation of on-ground program evaluation
Job Holder Specification
- Candidate with working experience in Agri / community development program from the vicinity of project village will be given preference
- Experience of data collection and handling
The position carries a Salary of Rs. 12,000 per month (CTC) + Rs. 4,000 Travel allowance.
Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Only short-listed applicants shall be acknowledged. More details of the organization is available on the website www.rgrcell.org.
Reviving Green Revolution Cell